(A more formal teaching philosophy is in the works.) I strongly believe in a reflective approach to teaching and learning, and I strive to do the following in each of my classes and workshops:
- Create a safe and welcoming environment for all students.
- Focus on skills that reach beyond the particular library tool or database.
- Encourage critical evaluation of all information sources.
- Engage students through active learning methods.
- Facilitate open discussion surrounding traditional and problematic information structures and access.